Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – Thomas Jefferson
This week I was contemplating some of the different issues I am dealing with … embracing … frustrated by… allowing … creating space for … loving … trying to figure out … plan for … vibrate … release … breathe through and so on.
Sound familiar? We really do have a whole lot going on in our lives don’t we? Here is a short list of a few of mine:
- Running an Internet Marketing Company (Harmonia Media, if you are not familiar click here)
- Rebranding this business, Launching a new Content Strategy, Selling, Managing, Project Management, doing Pro Bono and oh so much more!
- Continuing the launch of my new brand: ‘The LOA Business Coach’
- Planning the new launch of the LOA Business Coach Group Program (to be released in August)
- Working on finishing the Gratitude & Appreciation Book
- Starting some work and planning on a super fun LOA Book
- Working on the LOA Business Affirmation Audio (will be ready super soon!)
- Managing 2 new joint ventures
- Managing the new launch and release of the Matt and Phil Radio Show (any day now!)
Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character.
– Albert Einstein
Some personal ones:
- Still learning to be a good parent and a new Dad
- A personal project I have writing journal notes to my son, Patrick
- Staying in touch with and helping out some sick family members and friends going through a tough time
- Keeping up my fundraising efforts for some local charities
- Sticking with my yoga practice
- Coming back to my daily meditation practice
- Eating super healthy
- Organizing and letting go of unnecessary ‘’things’
And there are so many more on the business and of course the personal side. I share this list because I think we can all relate to it, right? Most of us entrepreneurs have SO much going on, we have so much ambition, so much desire to be successful, follow through and be who we know we can be…
All of that is wonderful, and I support you in those efforts 100%. However, as I was contemplating all I had on my plate, I realized no matter what else was going on there was one specific thing I had total command over:
The attitude I bring to all of these things is going to have so much to do with the energy I infuse into whatever it is I am focused on in the moment.
My attitude is going to help these projects move forward.
My attitude is going to determine the quality of these projects, the quality of care I bring to my son, or my sick friend…
Attitude is really important.
This is the first post in series on Attitude that I am going to write. I would love to hear from you, and how you work with this aspect of your life!
Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.
– Kahlil Gibran